Thursday, January 14, 2010

Dale Trimble (UK Commit) Update

I spoke with UK commit Dale Trimble (3-Star CB) last night. Overall we had a good conversation about his recruitment. Dale told me that other schools were still recruiting him and he would say he is "90%" committed to Kentucky. He is considering taking an official visit to Ole Miss and the Auburn coaching staff, including Gene Chizik visited him at school last week.

Trimble told me that Chris Thurmond was handling his recruitment for UK and "he is a good guy" and "we talk a couple of times per week". He said that coach Thigpen was handling his recruitment from Auburn and coach Price was doing the same for Ole Miss.

Trimble still has a few classes to take before being cleared by the NCAA, but there should be no issues getting qualified. He also plans to enroll during the fall when most other freshmen report. I asked Dale what is the one thing he wanted fans to know about him and his response was; "That I can play, I'm very underrated, other schools made a mistake by not offering me and I'm going to show out at Kentucky".

In my opinion, Trimble really likes coach Thurman and wants to attend UK. However, family reasons could come into play which could steer him to Auburn. The Cats will need to stay on Trimble until signing day and keep their fingers crossed for his LOI.

2 comments:

  1. With three top notch quarterbacks coming back in 2010, Mr. Trimble will have plenty of opportnities to show off his ability on Saturday. Joker has enough arms and offensive linemen to fill the air of Commonwealth with pigskins. If you want to catch TD passes in the SEC, Kentucky is the name of the team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trimble is a CB and in my opinion one of the best recruits in the 2010 class. He has the ability to start as a true freshman. He is that good. He will get the opportunity to match up with Chris Matthews, Randall Cobb and LaRod King in practice....not to bad.

    ReplyDelete