Saturday, January 23, 2010

Joker on his new assistant coaches

Here are some great quotes from Joker Phillips on his new assistant coaches by Larry Vaught. After reading the article, a couple of things come to mind. First, Joker feels Mike Summers and David Turner will upgrade UK's recruiting. Second, both coaches have ties to UK and understand the "lay of the land". Third, Joker wants to play physical and knows every game is won and lost at the line of scrimmage.

I love the comment by Joker on Mike Summers, "I watch film with Summers and he'll give evaluation of high school kids and make comments that are unbelievable and different than any I have ever heard". I also love the comment by David Turner, "I tell my guys the first day of fall camp that this will be the last day they feel good because they will get hit every play. They've got to be tough and effective and it's my job to make them that way".

Now, it's easy to understand why Joker Phillips wanted these two assistant coaches on his staff. Both are going to bring in talent and set a new mind set that UK needs in order to move up the SEC ladder.

No comments:

Post a Comment