Sunday, February 28, 2010

Catching up with UK's Nermin Delic

Tonight I caught up with Nermin Delic (2010 signee) who is excited about his future at Kentucky. He told me that he will move to Lexington on June 21st and enroll for summer school. He expects to use the six weeks of summer to get adjusted to school and workout with his team.

Nermin also told me UK has sent him a strength and conditioning program which he is following. Based on our conversation, he feels he can contribute next fall if he can put on more weight and adjust to the speed of the game. He will play defensive end, therefore all rumors of him playing tight end should be put to rest.

We chatted briefly about his recruitment and decommitment from Maryland. He said, "it was a tough decision". Overall it seems UK was a better fit for him than Maryland. UK is closer to his family and he likes the SEC. One thing I learned tonight is Nermin's recruitment was handled by Steve Ortmayer.

Nermin is considering a major in Sports Medicine. I asked him what's the one thing he wants fans to know and he said, "I'm going to work my butt off and they are going to get everything out of me possible over the next four or five years".

He is currently 6'5" tall and weighs 255 lbs. He runs a 4.75 forty yard dash and lifts 305 lbs (bench), 445 lbs (squat) and 275 lbs (power clean).

1 comment:

  1. I have the feeling that when all is said and done, we are going to look back upon this recruiting class the same way we look back upon the Woodson, Burton, Tamme class -- only better!

    ReplyDelete