Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Jon Davis (2011 UK Commit) Update

Last night I interviewed Jon Davis (Louisville, KY) regarding his recruitment and commitment to Kentucky. Jon informed me other schools were still recruiting him. He named Notre Dame, Louisville and Illinois specifically. Jon told me, "I'm ready to be a wildcat and compete in the SEC."

Davis told me he tries to speak to the UK coaching staff weekly and David Turner is handling his recruitment. We also discussed his preference on positions and he told me he wanted to play on offense. He will likely play tight end, but noted he has the ability to play on defense as well.

Davis told me the coaching staff, proximity to home and the campus were reasons for his early commitment. He could be the top player in the bluegrass state for 2011. Davis told me he is planning to attend UK's camp this summer. Davis is currently 6'4" and 235lbs. He runs a 4.6 forty yard dash.

No comments:

Post a Comment