Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Blake Terry Interview

Tonight I spoke with Blake Terry (2011-LB) from Texas. Terry recently gave his verbal commitment to Kentucky. Of all the recruits I have interviewed, Terry sounded the most excited about being a Cat. He made it clear he was solid by saying, "I gave UK my word and I'm a man of my word."

When asked about the factors in choosing UK he said, "It was all about how me and coach Brinson built chemistry. When I went to UK, I met Coach Phillips and he had a look of determination. He is ready to turn the program into a winning program." He also talked about wanting to play in the SEC.

It appears the Cats got a player in Terry. He had several other offers while schools like Arkansas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma State were still recruiting him. Terry admitted one of his teammates is recruiting him to Oklahoma State, but he is solid to Kentucky.

Terry says the best part of his game is his knowledge and film study. He tries to read his keys and follow his instincts. Terry says UK plans to use him at linebacker and he has already met with Coach Smith.

Terry is 6'0" and 235lbs. He runs a 4.7 forty yard dash, squats 600lbs and bench presses 315lbs. He also maintains a 3.5 GPA. He will take the ACT this fall. While Tee Martin has received most of the recruiting praise this summer, Larry Brinson deserves some kudos for the recruitment of Terry.

No comments:

Post a Comment