Thursday, April 1, 2010

Ray Drew (2011-DE) Recruit Update

Last night I interviewed Ray Drew (Thomas County Central HS, GA) regarding his football recruitment. Per Drew, "Things are going well. I can't complain." Currently he has 23 scholarship offers and hasn't narrowed his list of schools. When asked who was recruiting him the hardest he offered this, "Based on the amount of mail I get, I would say Tennessee, Georgia Tech, LSU and Florida."

Drew has already taken visits to Alabama, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Florida and Florida State. He plans to visit South Carolina, Clemson, Tennessee and Auburn next week while on spring break. He wants to major in communications so he will take a hard look at each school's program. After academics, he wants to make sure he has a good relationship with the coaching staff. He told me, "I don't want any surprises. I want to make sure what I'm seeing is what I'm going to get." He also told me he is pretty big on fan support and tradition.

Drew plans to wait and decide on a college after his senior season. As far as Kentucky is concerned, Drew views the Cats as an up and coming program and the Cats are recruiting him. If the Cats are going to land Drew, they must get him on campus for a visit. Currently Drew is 6'5" and 248 lbs. He runs a 4.65 forty-yard dash. Most schools are recruiting him to play defensive end.

No comments:

Post a Comment