Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sousa gaining momentum

Kevin Sousa (2011-QB) from Florida informed me tonight he has verbal offers from Texas Tech, Tulane, Miami and FAU. He has written offers from FIU, Middle Tennessee State and UCF. He also told me Wake Forest, Auburn, Vandy, Mississippi State and Northwestern all contacted his school this week.

His recruitment is gaining momentum as he continues to perform well on the combine circuit. He is currently in Ohio taking an unofficial visit to Ohio State. He will also participate in the Elite 11 camp and Nike Combine camps this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Does this kid not have a Kentucky offer or Kentucky interest? What's Up? I know that we took a commitment from Max Smith, but I thought we were going to take another QB as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smith hasn't signed with UK and is still a verbal. He will count towards the 2010 class as a greyshirt.

    The Cats will sign a 2011 QB and were recruiting Sousa until Petri left. I've heard rumors that the Cats are recruiting him again, but he didn't confirm that with me last night.

    If the staff signs Jeffrey and Joker continues to recruit DaMarcus Smith, then Sousa wouldn't be a priority. However, he has a big arm and I feel Randy Sanders could do wonders for him.

    ReplyDelete