Monday, July 19, 2010

Jon Davis rumors

Rumors are flying wild suggesting Jon Davis has decommitted from Kentucky. I spoke to Jon exactly one week ago and he told me, "I don't know where the rumors are coming from." Could something have changed in the last week? Absolutely, but based on my interviews with him, I can't imagine there is any truth to these rumors.

Again, he told me he would be taking a couple of other visits to make sure he is 100% comfortable with his decision. I realize some fans have a difficult time with verbal commitments taking other visits, but it's part of the process.

1 comment:

  1. Aaron, I agree with you. I believe there is still a big "negative nancy" element in the fan base that likes to stir the pot. On top of that, a lot of UL fans hang out on UK websites, and they are embarrassed about Davis' commitment to UK.

    Davis is still committed to UK. Now, could Jon de-commit at some point? Of course he could. No commitment is truly firm until the signed LOI is faxed to UK's Athletics Department in February. But at this juncture, I am not aware of any reason to be particularly concerned about Davis, even if he takes some visits. These days, a lot of committed prospects take other visits, although the overwhelming majority follow through with their original verbal commitment in February.

    ReplyDelete